A short one this week, since I'm playing catch-up: I actually do have a "fill-in" strip, that I keep kicking down the line. It may be dated as heck before it ever turns up, I haven't had any serious disasters yet. Also, I messed up a panel where Pavitr was maybe going to try and hit on Elektra; but then I decided even he wouldn't while she was holding a sword. Miles was also going to describe Elektra/Daredevil as "Un####withable. She's trying not to kill anybody, but with you she might not try real hard..."
Also, I'm pretty sure towards the end of the Krakoa era, the mutants, including Kurt, were on their war footing and fought to kill. I think they were actually less war-crimey than usual, but still killed a lot of goons. I also feel like Kitty--er, Katherine Pryde--might have been somewhat murder-y for that.
Why would Frank have a sword? If you recall his recent continuity, you can probably guess; but why would he show up with it now? Does everyone have swords on their minds today?
Why does everyone have swords? Because you're going to do your own version of X of Swords, but with more actual swords, since I sort of recall there being a lot of challenges in that story that had nothing to do with swords.
ReplyDeleteI remember the X-Men getting pretty murderous near the tail end of Krakoa. It was a war for survival like Kurt says, but I'm never sure how I feel about when the characters that typically don't kill start casually offing people.
I’m pretty sure Frank’s not mentally or emotionally equipped for the awkward but oddly pleasant feelings he would get from seeing Elektra in a Punisher outfit. Maybe none of us are.
ReplyDeleteYeah the X-Men were pretty murder happy at the end of the Krakoa era probably in large part because they were getting killed off & then resurrected so often. Who knows.
I’m mentally and emotionally equipped. We need more Lady Punishers, plain and simple. Do it, Marvel.
DeleteMan, the scale is crazy here- Spider-Boy’s huge, Frank’s huge, swords are all over the place. No offense meant- you work with what they put out and what gets you the best shots but, yeah.
Hmm, I’m going to guess the sudden interest in swordplay has to do with Deadpool or Gwenpool somehow. They’re both really into swords and seem to be on the cutting edge of what’s cool- maybe some low grade psychic abilities or they were on the cover of a magazine.
That, or Ch’od is having a sale.
I miss Ch’od 😩
DeleteOoh, I would love a Lynn Michaels/Lady Punisher figure. Although, I probably would've bought the replacement Punisher, if it had come to that. There's like the fourth MCU Frank figure out now and I think I'm good for the time being.
ReplyDeleteA good question, is where are all these goddamn swords from on my side? Elektra has a Hand Ninja sword, but Frank...I think his might be from Zynda, Stan Winston's Realm of the Claw! Which, strictly speaking, might not be Legends scale; but of course Frank's gonna use some ridiculous sword.
Ch'od will return, I like him too much not to! "Yeah, some dirty bastard tried to pay me in imaginary money he called 'bitcoin.' I had Cr'reee rough him up."
Really? I could have sworn Frank was using a Thundercats sword- not the original, one of the reboots.
DeleteCh’od’s very likable and VERY entertaining. More Ch’od please.
Delete