Thursday, September 21, 2006

Oh, my, no, children: Thor is awesome. You kids suck.

Seriously, I doubt if there will even be jobs for you at the Nordheim 7-11. And I was talking with one of the Norns the other day, and Timmy's destiny is to be crushed by a frost giant a week from Tuesday. Wait, maybe she said Volstagg. No, definitely a frost giant. Yes. So, anyway, Timmy, you can still take the final, but I'm not grading it...

Asgardians apparently don't go in for that self-esteem training. From Thor #318, "A Kingdom Lost" Written by Doug Moench, art by Gil Kane. The cover features Easter Island-style stone heads growing stubby little legs and about to attack Thor. A goofy image, but there's Loki, Fafnir, and angry stone heads in this one. Maybe not the best Thor comic ever, but it has it's moments.

Anyway, since everything is crammed back into my basement right now, posts will tend to reflect the books that I can reach right now, which may mean more runs of the same characters. What will it be after Thor? Well, I did read a ton of old Avengers recently, so maybe that. Or maybe something else.

No comments: