Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Valhalla! Days without Ragnarok: 2."

I know someone'll flip me off in my afterlife, too.

The Surtur Saga in Walt Simonson's Thor is just a little bit cooler, for me, than the X-books Inferno crossover. Although, Inferno had cooler crossovers, like the Daredevil and Excalibur issues. There were several smaller crossovers for the Surtur Saga, mostly caused by the Casket of Ancient Winters; which caused unseasonable snows in West Coast Avengers and Amazing Spider-Man.

Ragnarok, the twilight of the Norse gods, doesn't come up that often in Thor...well, kinda. I want to say, maybe five, six Ragnaroks since Thor's first appearance in 1962? That's not so many...

More of Nightcrawler's afterlife later, but next week, Doom! Not the Doom we usually have, either...

1 comment:

SallyP said...

Why this was just lovely. And I have to say that I'm pretty sure that the Casket of Ancient Winters ended up in New England this year.