Friday, February 15, 2019

If this was her first cover to say "Spoiler Alert" I'll eat this comic.


Since we saw the Spoiler last week, why not end this one with a quarter book I hadn't read yet: from 2015, Catwoman #42, "Gathered From All Sides" Written by Genevieve Valentine, art by David Messina, colors by Lee Loughridge.

This was in the middle of Selina's stint as a crime boss, head of the Falcone family; and she was also searching for any clues to the missing Batman. I don't know where he was either; this time I think he had disappeared in Batman Eternal. The editorial footnote mentions Spoiler had been Catwoman's prisoner--for some reason--in Batman Eternal #43, and she's still a little sore about it here. She's also no match for Catwoman, but she may have attracted the interest of a new trainer.

I think this storyline would run to Catwoman #46, which probably ended her crime boss days, I'm guessing. I wonder if Spoiler was in that one.

No comments: