Friday, October 08, 2021

Out of office today, so here's Mobius, Loki, and Thena for no reason.

Mobius and Thena are both Target exclusives, but locally didn't arrive at the same time or at the same store: I picked Mobius up Sunday, Thena yesterday. I don't think I'm all in on the Eternals figures; I'm not even sure I'm all in for the movie. It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't seem to have the bold color of Kirby's comic; and I think Marvel went with a director who used a more naturalistic, outdoorsy palette? I feel like I'm going to get the Eternals with some comic presence, like Sersi and Ikaris; although I'd kind of prefer comics figures.
Anyway, out today, so have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Barbecue17 said...

I definitely hope that we get a Kirby styled comic pack of some of the Eternals at some point. I'm interested in the film but it does leave me more apprehensive than any other MCU film thus far.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I knew I was out as soon as I saw the trailer for the movie. How hard is it to follow Kirby's guide to how it's done? Honestly?

Hard pass on those ugly figures too, although if you have a MCU Hela figure, you could always have her battle against Maleficent or head swap around Jolie's head on as a bit of fantasy booking.

Speaking of head-swapping...

I gotta' admit, as kinda cool as it is novelty-wise to have an Owen Wilson figure, that suit & color scheme's pretty 70's ugly. Likewise so is Loki's work outfit. He looks like he saw Chevy Chase from National Lampoon's Vacation movie & decided "Oh yes, I must have that!"
Meanwhile Owenibus looks like a traveling salesman from those Ron Burgundy movies on his way to meet up with Loki because they're both late to their kids' parents meeting.

The only redeeming fun factor for me would be to head swap.
You can use Moebius for a Tony Stark suit or Loki's for down on his luck, hopelessly drunk 80's Stark.
Probably a good thing they were store exclusives then right? Then again positive results from store exclusives from either Walmart, Target or Walgreens is fucking iffy at best.