Wednesday, June 21, 2006


Sadly, I use the line "It's malignant!" all the time.

I know Hilary Barta did some Splash Branigan stories for Alan Moore, but the last thing I saw from him was the adaptation-slash-"director's cut" for Bruce Campbell's the Man with the Screaming Brain. Good stuff.

Anyway, this Wednesday I picked up a pretty good pile, including new All-Star Superman, Ultimates 2, the first issue of Casanova, and Claremont's last Uncanny X-Men and annual.

Since recently taking ill, Claremont may have only gotten the plot credit for the last issue of Uncanny. Although I haven't cared for a lot of his stuff in recent years, his good work still far outweighs the bad, and I hope he's doing better.

But, on that I'm going to read more comics. More fun later. Probably.

2 comments:

Brandon Bragg said...

Did Barta do that Conan spoof for Marvel's "What The?!", or am I thinking of Bill Wray?

Anonymous said...

That Punisher spoof reliably elicits at least one out-loud laugh from me every time I read it. The panel immediately following this sequence, where "Pulverizer" bolts up in bed and shouts "THAT'S IT! I'll put a skull on my costume!" is the usual culprit, for whatever reason.