Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm not advocating this sort of thing, but Kitty totally had that coming.



Besides, Kitty's got like, um, ninja training. Probably walked it right off. Ahem. Hey, I think this is Wolverine's first appearance in this blog! (No, it's not.) Ok, I was probably more excited by the Dr. Bong appearance in this issue, but even so. And I don't know if anyone's ever explained any reason, at all, metatext or otherwise, for Deadpool's yellow word balloons; but I would love to talk with those.

From Deadpool #27, "It's a Barbarian Bunny--Busty Broad Bonanza in my Brainpan--and I'm the only one Invited!" 'Dr. (Joe) Kelly' writing, 'Dr. (Walter) McDaniel' and 'Dr. McFarland' on art. As part of the therapy for his hallucinations, Deadpool needs to talk, and fight, it out. But he needs someone who'll give him a good fight, someone who can take it, possibly someone not completely sane himself: Wolverine. As you can see above, Logan wasn't in a fighty mood when 'Pool catches up with him, so he uses Kitty as a little incentive. Mayhem, comedy, therapy, and stabbing insues.

Dear Marvel,
Despite all my harshing, bitching, and pointing of fingers at Civil War, I've still been very good this year; and I would like Essential Deadpool. All of Joe Kelly's run on the book, plus Baby's First Deadpool Book, Daredevil/Deadpool, Deadpool/Death, and the Deadpool/Widdle Wade special. (The titles may be a little off on those, so look up Deadpool yourself!) Sure, the last issue of his run kind of tanks, but you told Kelly the book was being cancelled, then told him it wasn't after he wrote it and got another job, so I blame you. Oops. Anyway, Essential Deadpool by Christmas, please.
xxoo,
googum
P.S. And Deadpool #0, possibly the best promo comic ever. Cut the issue with Deathtrap if you have to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that. I have most of those issues, but I've got one- or two-issue gaps here and there that have been hell to fill. Okay, so I haven't tried that hard, but it doesn't mean that I don't really want them.

As to the yellow word balloons I have no idea. Was that something that was being done ever since his first appearance, or was that a conceit that developed later on? I'm curious now.

Anonymous said...

Superheroes punch each other at the drop of a hat. I guarantee that you could find a panel of any given Avenger punching another given Avenger for no good reason but that they lost their temper. Really. Try it. But Hank Pym smacks Jan just once and he's a scumbag forever. That's not right.