Monday, February 23, 2009

Timing, part twenty-eight.



Even though I loved Garth Ennis and Punisher MAX, I still think the Punisher should have a home in the Marvel Universe proper. (Unlike say, the Vertigo characters that seem stuck outside the DCU; I think Frank should get both.) I don't want a steady diet of that, and it would also be nice if it wasn't just Frank getting to fights with Daredevil, Spidey, Wolverine, etc. Personally, I loved Punisher meetings with characters like Moon Knight, who had no problem with him whatsoever.

Marvel Universe-Frank probably has a bemused and rather condescending attitude towards superheroes, though. With few exceptions, he doesn't have to fight the same guys over and over and over again; and when he kills somebody, better than ninety-nine times out of a hundred, they stay dead.

1 comment:

SallyP said...

This must be one heck of an interesting neighborhood. I loved how Frank was "borrowing" some of Nate's weapons.