Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Sure, "Do Not Panic!" is good advice, it's just a bit redundant is all.

I mean, how often are you told; go ahead, now's a good time to freak out?

Anyway, posting may be a little hit-and-miss for a bit: work is well, working me over more than usual, and I'm trying to take care of a few things at home. Before you think, oh no, how terrible; bear in mind one of the things I'm trying to wrap up is resetting my action figure shelves. Although, that is a two-man job...

So, today we have a good piece of advice from Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, "Do Not Panic!" Originally presented in Strange Tales #95, reprinted in Curse of the Weird #1, and I think I saw that twist ending in an EC Comic earlier, as well.
Well, I guess if it's gonna land right on top of you, then maybe panic.
Did that ever work?  I mean, can you imagine trying to clear the streets by saying 'clear the streets'?

Does this remind anyone else of that old EC one, with the planet of racist robots?  No?  Might just be me.

New strips tomorrow, and we'll see for the rest of the week! Man, it's a short one, I should knock something out...

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Aw heck, I WANT to panic!

googum said...

You know Ditko would tell you only the parasites panic. Stan...Stan might let you, if you panic in the mighty Marvel manner.