Thursday, May 16, 2013

(Not a) Review: Iron Man Marvel Legends Ultron!


No proper review today, I'm afraid: just a quick batch of pictures of a new find. From the second wave of Iron Man Marvel Legends, Ultron!

A classic Marvel villain, I've needed an updated version of Ultron for some time now. He's had an earlier Marvel Legend, and a recent Marvel Select; but I only had the old Toy Biz Marvel's Most Wanted version!

Ultron uses a good chunk of Titanium Man's mold--the legs and arms. I like the mold better here, since Ultron is usually a bit sleeker, while Titanium Man should be more bulky. He's got interesting shoulder-pads, and great neck articulation: he can do a great flying pose, or throw his head back in evil robot laughter. Even the wrist articulation is good!

I didn't think there was a lot of paint on Ultron: maybe just a bit of red on the head and the shoulder pads. Other than that, I think he's mostly done in a silver-grey plastic. Or is it silver-grey paint applied oddly? I'm not sure. It looks a little swirly in parts, like the boot cuffs, but that's not a problem for me. The swirliness may be a bit more noticeable on the Iron Monger Build-a-Figure head that comes with Ultron, so if that bothers you, you may have to check multiple figures for the one that looks best to you. If you can find more than one.

Sadly, as is usually the case anymore, Ultron doesn't get any accessories, except the BaF. I haven't decided if I'm going all in on that, but that Mark 42 armor is rather tempting...

Ultron may be the current big bad in Marvel's Age of Ultron event; but his figure is a lot of fun. Keep an eye out!

No comments: