Wednesday, August 27, 2014

"Aftermath."


I have an Uncle Rich, but it was years and years before I realized "Dick" was supposed to be short for "Richard." To this day, I have no idea how that works. "Rick" or "Richie" would make sense, but Dick? I remember Toyfare being surprised that Marvel had a character named "Dick Rider," but we'll let that go.

Xandar, home of the Nova Corps, which somehow appeared in a major movie before Wonder Woman; has been destroyed. Three times, according to Wikipedia. Hey, that page breaks down the Nova Corps rank structure! Clip and save!

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Poor Kurt. He's never going to make it home at this rate. Deadpool has to be the worst Captain evar!

Nice to see Nova though.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I honestly have no idea how you get Dick from Richard. Sounds like either an intentional or unintentional gay joke.

Enjoyed the commenting on the quality issue on the Nova figure. Itsalltrue.net makes the most out of these observations, and damnit, I should jump aboard that train too. So much material.

Good example; that Hyperion figure, or at least mine, He looks so damn cross-eyed. Like Sloth from the Goonies.

Poor Kurt indeed. I imagine this headache might pale in comparison to what's in store once they arrive back home, and deal with Satanna and Black Cat's story line.