Monday, December 03, 2018

No swapping pieces this time...


We're completing two Build-a-Figures today! Or a BAF and a "Collect-n-Connect," if you're a picky sort: Marvel Legends Monster Venom, and DC Multiverse's Dr. Psycho!

Admittedly, the economy-size is much cheaper: For Dr. Psycho, you only need two figures, Wonder Girl, and Dark Knight II Wonder Woman. I didn't love either of them: I'm sure Wonder Girl would've been fine if she'd come out in DCUC's heyday, but she seems dated now; and I'm not as much a fan of Frank Miller's as I used to be. Still, they were five bucks each from Five Below, but I'm kicking myself that I wasn't able to get the Rookie wave at that price! I would've caved and built another...

Scream cost me regular price--I still consider about twenty bucks regular price for Marvel Legends and DC Multiverse, but that might depend where you go--but Venom, Carnage, and Poison were all about half-off. I didn't have a Carnage before, so I avoided what OAFE pointed out: this Carnage is largely a re-release of the one from the Amazing Spider-Man 2 line, but with a few new hands and head. The Venom is likewise a lot like a previous release, but with a new unmasked head and symbiote unmasking. One of them will end up being Pork Grind, anyway.

I may need a bigger box for the Venoms, symbiotes, and such. Were there more coming? I didn't really set out to get all these, but here we are.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I'm with ya' there man. I think I fully completed Apocalypse this weekend.