Wednesday, May 01, 2019

"Dampener."


I often have Shout Factory's Twitch channel on while I'm doing something else, and in March and April they had "Super Sentai Madness," featuring multiple Japanese series that were later edited into assorted Power Rangers shows. Even watching them in passing, the first episode or two of any particular series seems like the dumbest thing ever, then after about four you're completely invested in it. One series, Gekisou Sentai Carranger, features a gang of alien thugs involved in a scheme to destroy the planet they consistently mispronounce as "earsh" to make way for a space highway project! (Shades of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy there!)

As I write this, the new Marvel Legends Nightcrawler is due around August, and I can already tell you every day after my birthday that I don't have one will grate on me like...like an actual grater, I think. But the new one won't have a bendy tail, I don't think. So I have to use it now!

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Excellent tail work there, Kurt!

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

That is pretty cool how you choreographed the tail swipe and fight scenes. Nicely done Goo.

Due out in August? That means I won't see it in stores until later in the fall or around Halloween or Thanksgiving. Maybe. I'll just buy it offline like I usually do.