Wednesday, January 27, 2021

"Tar."

I think Reed is implying, if not outright saying, he thinks H.E.R.B.I.E.'s time is more valuable than Spider-Man's.

I told a friend once that I'd like to have Spider-sense, but he pointed out that without the other powers, to maybe do something about danger, it would be the worst power in the world. Like a screaming warning for something you couldn't avoid. I don't think you need Spider-speed or Spider-strength to get out of every situation, but...

Do Venoms--okay, symbiotes--still have sonics as their Kryptonite? Moreover, because it would probably be boring if Spidey defeated Venom the same way every time, comics writers have to try and re-invent the wheel every time, even if it would make sense for Spidey to beat Venom with the power of metal every time. (See also: every time the Hulk gets cured, then turned back into the Hulk, and that cure is never tried again, even if no reason is given for it not working more than once.) Also, reading that, you should drink every time I say "every time." 

Would Venom-Cap bite a Nazi's head off? I'm going to say yes, but he'd probably chew it up a bit and spit it out. The movie version of Venom may be different, but I don't think he necessarily needs the important vitamins and nutrients in tasty, tasty brains; it was a bit of smack-talk to Spidey that has become a recurring bit. In-continuity, I could be wrong, though.

I have absolutely no idea what Satana is drinking this week. Traditionally, I don't think you chug brandy...


2 comments:

CalvinPitt said...

Reed is telling a damn lie about HERBIE having better things to do, and he knows it.

Just from reading some tie-ins to that damn King in Black thing, I have no idea what symbiotes are vulnerable to anymore. The one Paul Grist is writing, The Union, literally has a character with sonic powers, and the symbiotes don't seem particularly bothered by it, but they don't like electricity. The Black Cat issues mentioned something about them not liking light?

I don't know, other than Donny Cates is firmly on my "never buy anything he writes" list after this event, if he wasn't there already for that Cosmic Ghost Rider nonsense.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

And I'm drunk now. Day drunk, so thanks for that...

Fire and sonics worked last I remembered, but Knull's written so damn tough and shit I'm guessing that trick won't work on him. Not while he's carrying his bad guy union card anyways.

Goddamn Reed just can't help himself and NOT act like a dick for 5 seconds can he? I'm beginning to think Sue has a type, in that she's attracted to jerks. Must be lingering daddy issues...but wasn't her father a non-jerk though? I can't remember.

Eating Nazi heads is got to be as gross as popping pimples/blackheads and eating them, only nastier, so no thanks. I could see Venom Cap at least being SORELY tempted to eat one though, at least Hitler's or Zemo's for revenge for Bucky.

As for the spider sense thing...I mean maybe a couple times out of most, you might be able to avoid the bad thing coming your way, but I damn sure wouldn't count on it being 100% effective. Your friend definitely had a point though; what's worse, knowing danger's coming and maybe being able to avoid it, not being able to avoid it, or just not knowing at all?