Thursday, April 08, 2021

"One Thursday in the Baxter Building."

Yet another entry in our "action figures from video games I don't play," we have Pathfinder from Apex Legends! Perhaps because these are a ton of tooling, he's gotten two figures; but the second is a distinct improvement, with the addition of wearable boxing gloves, and a little base to help keep him standing. (That's the white one, the blue was the first one and does not have either.)

For a lotta issues of Fantastic Four and Marvel Two-in-One, the story would start with Ben holding up some cockamamie hunk of machinery, or lifting colossal weights. I don't think you saw it as often in Ben's solo books, or much at all anymore. Feel like Ben still puts away the sandwiches, though.

5 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

You can definitely add this to the "Should be canon" list. Ha, "meat sweats"...

CalvinPitt said...

Ben definitely houses some big sandwiches, so I could see him eating one and taking a nap after. I do wonder if he can actually still sweat or not. He probably doesn't have sweat glands anymore, right?

H said...

It's funny- I was just thinking, "There's been a real increase in FF-related content lately," and what shows up but a FF strip. Mind you, I enjoy this sort of stuff. Reed and Ben are a classic combo.


Is it me, or does Ben seem a bit "Irish"? It's mostly the speech but just something I noticed. Maybe you've been on a Hitman binge lately?

googum said...

I debated that, because I don't think Marvel would let anyone get away with Ben blurting out "Jaysis!" Also, Ben's Jewish...but, I'm almost positive he doesn't keep kosher, because I'm pretty sure I've seen bacon sticking outta those sandwiches.

Does Ben sweat? I feel like he does, but not when you'd expect, like fighting around with the Torch, but I think I've seen him sweat some crash-landings?

H said...

I feel like, if he takes baths (and I'm almost positive he's been in the tub in at least a Two-In-One) then he sweats too. He's the same guy inside, just covered with orange rock stuff.