Friday, July 26, 2024

This isn't even the most nonsensical version I've read of this, but it tries harder.

My copy is pretty ratty, but I should scan the whole thing for Internet Archive: from 2009, Toyfare #137, "Twisted Toyfare Theatre: Invasion of the Mego Snatchers" By a big chunk of Toyfare staff: Aclin, Gutierrez, Dietsch; with Bricken, Brucie, Collins, Molino, Powell and Ward! 

This was their riff on Secret Invasion, which goes off the rails around page 4, but no more so than any other version of that story I've seen. (Seriously, I know I've read it, but it keeps falling out of my head.) And Mephisto's explanation of the fix resonates a bit with me, since I remember thinking fans might feel like that back when Ben Reilly replaced Peter Parker as the 'real' Spider-Man. 

As usual, I'm on vacation next week, and as usual, the blog will continue to trundle along aimlessly regardless! See you then.   

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid said...

Toyfare walked so Robot Chicken could run for 10+ seasons.
I still wish Toyfare was being published but alas, thanks to advancements in technology, magazines are pretty much a dead medium. I’d love to buy all those TT trades, but they’re not cheap, at least not on Amazon. Not sure if EBay or Macari carry them either.

Have a wonderful trip Goo.