Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Like the opposite of a moped. But still kinda embarrassing."







Page from Uncanny X-Men #385, "Shell Game" By Chris Claremont, German Garcia, Michael Ryan and Randy Green; inks by Panosian, Pepoy, and Ketcham. And I didn't read the previous chapter, but those are the laziest flying motorcycles ever. Tron cycles would've been a step up, even if they were flying. There's no reason for a comic to have a special effect that wouldn't be out of place in a mid-nineties syndicated sci-fi show like Night Man.

Deadpool is a touch oversized for the Storm Hawks Dark Ace cycle, and I haven't picked up the Batpod yet, but it reminded me of that issue. Unfortunately.

I had thought about posting a page a day until I ran out, but I was worried that they wouldn't read well, so we'll be doing them here and there. MODOK's yard sale isn't intentionally swiped from the classic Twisted Toyfare Theatre with Dr. Doom's yard sale: I just needed a way for Deadpool to get his hands on some high-tech nonsense, and he's not done yet...That, and since it seems unlikely Hasbro's going to make A.I.M. troops, MODOK's a bit shorthanded. Figuratively and literally, I guess.

2 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

Nightcrawler is SUCH a killjoy.

SallyP said...

Ahhhh...lovely. Yes, Nghtcrawler is a bit of a killjoy, but SOMEONE has to be the straight man in this relationship!

And the "robots, as is" sign just cracks me up.