Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Because "Ronins Resemble!" would be a terrible battlecry:







The last panel was originally going to be a stand-alone, but it worked out too well not to use it for the conclusion.

Since I don't read every Marvel comic out there, I currently have only a vague idea why Hawkeye is wearing the Ronin costume now, or why the previous wearer Echo took it off. And I don't care enough to follow it up: look, Bendis, I know comics have a lot of lead time, so when people started guessing Ronin was actually Daredevil, you had time to change it. But you shouldn't have. (Also, I've seen mentioned that allegedly Echo, who is deaf, can lipread some characters in thin facemasks like Spider-Man, and I call B.S. on that.)

This was an odd one to shoot pictures for, since I used two different scales: I know there's a Marvel Legends Ronin, but so far I haven't cared enough to buy it.


3 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

Random Happenstance Ronin is my new hero! :-D

SallyP said...

Between crapping in the grandfather clock, showing off his/her "sash" and the batmobile, I'm crying tears. Tears of JOY!

MrGBH said...

Hmmmm, if I remember rightly, Clint's wearing the Ronin suit because the Young Avengers had their own Hawkeye, but now he's keeping it because Bullseye is pretending to be Hawkeye.