Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Star Trek, on DVD today!















I haven't had the bridge out for a bit, but then I haven't got any new pieces lately. And even though there's a couple of plot holes and a bit of inexplicably wrong science, the new Star Trek was pretty good. I don't know if I'm going to run out to buy it today, or if I'll be too busy trying to figure out how to make lens flares...that and I don't know which, if any, fancy-pants case/edition I'd want.

As usual, I cram in a batch of toys as if they're all in the same fictional continuum; but you have to figure as soon as the technology is available to build halfway decent robots, people are going to want them to look like R2-D2. I liked the Robot from the Lost in Space remake of a few years back; but then I liked about half of that movie: seemed to spiral off about halfway through, which is too bad.

Captain America does get frozen and wake up in Marvel's 2099 future, in the one-shot Manifest Destiny. I liked that one, but it's 'prestige format' and tough to cram in the scanner. The Batman and Supergirl jokes are just dumb, but they are slightly better figures than Playmate's Star Trek offerings. So far, most of the Marvel Universe figures I've picked up have been better.

1 comment:

SallyP said...

Hee hee!

Magnificent!