Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"Road."


I'm slightly better about this in my old age, but when I was younger I was pretty given to meandering: a simple trip to the store would lead to a stop at the comic shop, then the CD place, the video store, some friends, a bar, another bar, and so forth. (I probably don't have all those places to go anymore!) I had a roommate in college, who once specifically, and rather hurtfully, refused to go anywhere with me; on the grounds that it would inevitably turn into a six-hour thing. I told him that wouldn't happen this time, and of course we were gone for twelve hours. (I think he ended up meeting his girlfriend that time, if my dodgy memory holds...)

Anyway, that's kind of how I approach writing these silly strips, especially the Deadpool and Nightcrawler ones. I may start out with a specific goal--in this plotline's case, I paid a bit for that Satana figure, and reckoned I ought to put her in something--but after I get out the door, I'm completely open to being sidetracked.

This storyline's got a couple weeks left to it, but tomorrow, a Thanksgiving strip! Not having anything to do with Satana, Deadpool, or Nightcrawler; but there you go.

3 comments:

Christian Zamora said...

Well, it is a fun read :)
I love strips with action figures.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Nice fine chapter Goo. I'm digging where this is going man.
A Turkey Day strip!? Oh hell this should be good:)

SallyP said...

Fabulous as usual.