Friday, October 31, 2014

It was this or Katniss Everdeen costumes...


Apparently, I live in the dog-spider state, since that's the most Googled Halloween costume in Washington state, according to an infographic from SumoCoupon. Catwoman topped three states, as did Batman and Katniss; I have no idea what's up with all the bananas.

Anyway, although I didn't have time to do this strip until today, I had the idea since in the old Batman '66 Catwoman was played on various occasions by Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether and Eartha Kitt. None of whom look anything alike, nor was there any explanation as to if they were all supposed to be the same character, or not. I kind of figure Batman will take any girl with kitty ears at her word and call her Catwoman...

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Oh Goo...You're my hero man, if you weren't already for this one.

Between the insults and Robin openly admitting how hot the situation is(and brah is it ever) you've truly made my day:)

But yeah, the fact that Bruce and Dick just go along with the different catwomen and don't mention obviously speaks volumes to how they must treat this whole thing like a game. And considering the lack of any real danger during the show, I can definitely see that.

Reminds of that spoof on a sidekick counseling meeting on an episode of Venture Brothers where the Robin analogue character said he couldn't get it up w/o a bomb strapped to his chest.

SallyP said...

There is absolutely nothing about this scenario that doesn't delight me.

I didn't even know that a Julie Newmar figure existed!