Friday, September 28, 2018

Some Walgreens exclusives are a bit more desirable than others.


When you complete a team, it can be even better than finishing a Build-a-Figure: it can elevate prior purchases, and it can feel like getting them all at once as you rediscover the earlier members. That's how it felt getting the Walgreens exclusive Thing the other day: I had him out for a bit, then got the rest of the Fantastic Four (and Namor!) out. They look great together.

I did have to pop off the Thing's arm and freeze it a bit, since the elbow stuck a bit. (I had to do the same for the Laura Wolverine figure as well, recently.) He was the only one I found, although I've seen pictures that more should be turning up.

2 comments:

Barbecue17 said...

I just picked up all four of these last week, too! I wasn't planning on it but when I saw all four together it was pretty impressive. I managed to see all four at the same time and went for it.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Lucky, lucky bastard, ha ha. Haven't seen him yet, but I did find only ONE Silver Surfer @ the Walgreens closest to me. I'm sure I'll find him eventually just like I did with Reed and Sue. Still passing on that Johnny figure though. I still prefer the one I have anyways.

Funny bit with Namor putting his hand in. Would've been even funnier if he'd put his hand on top of Sue's.