Thursday, September 13, 2018

"Cointoss."


I had almost thought this wave of DC Multiverse had gone all vaporware, but it may finally be turning up in stores! Maybe. I had seen some of the Martian Manhunter from Supergirl before, but last week I found multiples of them all. Almost: only one Two-Face, and no Jessica Cruz to be found.

Two-Face fares a little better than Multiverse figures lately in terms of accessories: two guns, and two alternate hands, with his coin head's up or tail's up. The likeness isn't based on an actor or any specific piece of art I know of, and I'm not in love with the color of the jacket and tie, but maybe it will work in contrast with Riddler's green and Joker's purple. I think Mattel's been using this suit body for a while, at least since their Joker from the Justice Buster series.

I probably would've preferred a two-tone jacket, and green scarred face with grey hair, as seen in Batman #398, one of the first Batman comics I remember buying with my own money! (One of the next was Batman #400, which I can't believe hasn't been reprinted like forty times since then!)

The big pile of poop, of course, is the Clayface Collect-n-Connect pieces. Like the recent Monster Venom (that I'm nowhere near completing either...) the chest piece is split. Jessica's going to be the one to get, so start with her unless you want a legless Clayface!

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ha! Good one.

I'm mystified by the color scheme they went with as well on this one. It's not bad, and might even be somewhat of an homage to Batman Forever, but otherwise definitely not a choice I would've went with.

I have yet to see any of those new DC Multiverse figures show up here either.

DAT POO THO....

SallyP said...

if I were Two-Face I would be doing the same thing. Because...eeewwww!

Barbecue17 said...

The suit body is even older than that! It has been around since at least DC Universe Classics! This color scheme for Two-Face is from the first volume of All-Star Batman which was one of the first Rebirth books. It's a pretty recent look for the character, matching what Mattel is trying to do with the Multiverse line in offering up current characters and looks.