Friday, October 19, 2018


Ugh, running into that thing where I've got posts scheduled for next week, next month, into December...then nothing for Friday. Well, here's a quick one. From 1994, Punisher Summer Special #4, featuring "Soiled Legacy" Written by Don Lomax, art by Alberto Saichann; "Killing an Afternoon" Written by Chuck Dixon, pencils by Greg Luzniak, inks by Matt Banning; and "Punisher's Armory" by Eliot R. Brown.

We saw the second summer special some years back, and it was stronger, but this isn't bad. In "Soiled Legacy" Frank teams up with a conservation agent against poachers. I love how chill Frank is about his murder schedule: after meeting his new friend Kito, he figures he can spare a few days to kill some poachers. It's not to the level of his polar bear kill, but he does let one get crunched by a rhino.

In the second story, Frank has to go to the dentist, but is understandably paranoid about getting into the chair. He's recognized by a thug's brother, who does manage to get the drop on Frank and duct tape him down. Meanwhile, Microchip is busy trying to save Mickey Fondozzi from some knockoff dealers, which leads to them blowing up Frank's Mercedes. Frank manages to extricate himself, and deliver a surprisingly non-fatal punishment, but I know I've seen another story where Frank goes to the dentist. I think I was saving that for the next time I went to the dentist; I should check my schedule...

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Spiked cleats to the face...why haven't I thought of that? Damn that hurt so bad.
New fact learned about Rhinos....that explains to some degree why The Rhino gets his ass kicked by Spidey so often, and yeah dentists really can be the real Punishers.

That scene reminds of an issue of Chuck Dixon's run on Green Arrow where an evil dentist attempts to pull Ollie's tooth out, only for Ollie to spit it in his eye, setting events that sets him free. Good stuff.

googum said...

At some point, Chuck Dixon was sitting in the dentist's chair, wondering how to murder his way out of it...

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Can't say I blame him, but yeah he must REALLY hate dentists.