Wednesday, September 04, 2019

"Catchup."


Huh, the Savage Avengers--and thankfully no one has called them that in-story--are half Thunderbolts. That's a book that's had some different versions, though. So far, Savage Avengers is kind of like someone telling you about their D&D campaign...that's not quite fair, but we're like four or five issues in and it's not really the book I'd want it to be, although the team, as such, hasn't really come together yet. A solicit mentioned Conan teaching the Punisher about his god Crom, which sounded interesting; but that's kind of what I'd prefer to read about: sure, they can hack-and-slash through just about anything, but I'd rather see them going out, or staying in. Something we haven't seen before...

Still, I can't really discourage you from reading Savage Avengers, since there might not be many chances. If Marvel ever loses the Conan rights again in the future, they might not be able to reprint those issues, perhaps even offer them digitally. You get a digital copy with purchase of an issue, but I wonder how permanent that is. I'll probably re-read the first several issues at once soon, see if they hold together any.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ha! Idk why or how, I guess since you've been writing him for so long, but you always nail DP's voice.
Wait, you're telling me that the Savage Avengers and all around basic platant cash grab team is basically the Thunderbolts with a D&D theme, because that's basically what it is to me. The line up outside Venom makes no sense, but I get why here's there; the 90's is hot again and so is Eddie apparently. Good for him, but dumb book.
Buuuuuut, Frank becoming a devout Cromian.....now that's got potential.

I'm pretty sure Fantasy curling is a Canadian sport..probably goes any states bordering Canada too.