Wednesday, July 15, 2020

"Month."


I don't think I've ever had adobo, and I'm not sure my chili is up to rigorous hobo standards. Point Beer is real, though: Mike Baron used to mention it all the time in Badger and possibly Nexus. Not 100% I've ever had it, but I drank a lot of...I don't think we called them "microbreweries" in the 90's. Anyway.

Moon Knight isn't Tony Stark rich, but does okay for himself: particularly in the Marc Spector: Moon Knight era, there were assorted corporate ventures like Spectorcorp. (And PhalkonCorp, Lockley Cabs, Truncheon.Tech...I may not have made all of those up.) The waitress was going to have an even bleaker rejoinder to Kurt's alt-universe restaurants theory, but I thought it was too dark. (And I thought of an even darker one now, but one that may apply more to our unfortunate universe.)

Sat asks for a bottle every time she orders, like an old western: yeah, bottle of what? She may not be that particular.

The Alpha Flight set may be the cheapest it's been. About forty bucks down from what I paid, so hop on that!

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ok, I'll bite. How dark we talking? No way it beats how dark this year's gone but I'm open to you trying, ha ha.

Hobo chili actually sounds pretty appealing. I'm sure realistically though it's like that one fable where a guy told a king or some type of royalty that he makes a delicious stone soup, and then ends up throwing in every ingredient you could imagine, so probably something like that, a poo poo platter but with chili.

Never heard of Adobo, but after reading up on it, that sounds like my type of food, spicy and delicious. I'm down 4 some Adobo.

Finally, "Uncle Helmet's Thunderbolt Ale"...Jesus. Finding out the Zemo family dabbled in making homemade beer when they weren't busy killing Jews, Sidekicks and each other is definitely a 2020 meme in and of itself. As far as I'm concerned it's official canon now.