Wednesday, July 08, 2020

"Troubling."


All the kids sat well except for Jubilee, with her coat. The recent Age of X-Man crossover went with Nate as a creepy, sexless, false messiah: it's not necessarily the direction I would've gone with him, but it's a direction. I know Cable is much younger than usual now for some reason, which makes poor X-Man redundant--more redundant, then. (EDIT: If I had any sort of opportunity, I would absolutely do something I don't always like when other writers do it, and roll X-Man back to the 'recognizable' version: younger, jacket, weird relationship with Maddie Pryor, nosebleeds. The hook would be, first he thought this world was a million times better than the Age of Apocalypse, but was now starting to notice everything awful here--not necessarily related to mutants, either.)

I don't know if the X-kids are supposed to stay on Krakoa: that seemed like a rule Professor X would make, and some of the X-Men would completely ignore. Unrelated, but "X-rated-X!" is from a dubbed version of Hard Boiled, one of my favorite movies. The subtitles/dubbing has been updated from the old VHS versions though; I miss them a little.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Just goes to show you, if you live long enough just about ANYTHING will become a classic. Case in point that version of Nate. I remember Wizard magazine listing him as having one of the worst looking costumes ever, saying he looked like an extra from the Duran Duran Lost Boys video, or something like that. And now? It's somewhat iconic, or at least it is for Millenials.