Wednesday, April 20, 2022

"Wong."

I think I plotted this out before I went on vacation, and Multiverse of Madness is a couple weeks out; but I suspect Wong will get benched or held up by something, to give Strange the chance to take center stage. Or maybe solve whatever problems he's probably created...I'm hoping Wong isn't killed off, as that would be a colossal waste; even though Cumberbatch seems pretty game to appear in whatever MCU thing comes up, as much or moreso than Benedict Wong.

Ugh, I forgot I was going to end this one with Rintrah and the Spiders jumping him in a panic...Despite having Ditko-hands, I don't think any of the Spidey's have even the slightest magical ability, or are going to pick up any soon. And I hope this isn't cultural appropriation, but Saṃghāta and Mahāraurava are Buddhist hells: there are a couple points in that entry that mention "citation needed," and I'm not sure how they would get it? But, in the Marvel Universe, Thor Annual #10 established for me anyway that there were all sorts of hells there, even if they're weirdly sensitive about using 'Satan' anymore.
  
Oh, and Sat mentions 'Kale,' as in Jennifer Kale, who I don't see getting a Marvel Legend. Her outfits were a bit skimpy!

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Hey if Hobgoblin can become magically adept ( Per Peter David's Black Costumed Spidey's Crossroads saga) than a case can be made for some Spidey clones.

These Wong side missions should become a regular thing for your Gooverse, as they read like fun little DLC pack missions for a video game.

I guess it was only inevitable that Clra would eventually assume the role as Earth's Sorcerer Supreme, but it just doesn't feel right that Jim Krugger & Alex Ross aren't getting any credit for having thought of it first in Earth X. Oh well...