Friday, August 28, 2026

On the upside, I did find this alarmingly quickly.

Dolly Parton, Tim Curry, Peter Cullen...I'm hustling to type this before we lose anybody else. We all knew they were getting on in years and wouldn't be around forever; but we wanted them to be, and in a lotta ways they will be. 

This week already was terrible, but somehow I didn't schedule today off from work, since I was going to go see Coyote vs. Acme. You should too! The early reviews have been pretty good, and honestly the little guy against the big evil corporation should be something we can get behind. Meanwhile, I didn't have a post ready for Friday, but since we saw one in an old Twilight Zone, I thought there might be another Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote Hostess ad, and sure enough, there was, in 1976's Star Trek #37. A lucky guess! Couldn't tell you if there were more yet.  

We'll probably look at the rest of that book next week; I just want to see the back of this one. Be safe and we'll see you then! 

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid said...

Yeah I’m not very fond of 3 very decent human beings dying while another 80 year old is currently still alive to cause so much suffering and pain for the rest of us. Who knows maybe we’ll get lucky this weekend🤷‍♂️

Probably not, but it’s fun to think about.

Movies about the little guy fighting back against the big guy/corporations/dictators, etc are gonna be very much in vogue for the next couple of years for obvious reasons. Here’s hoping they do well.

H said...

Missed an under the radar one between Dolly and Tim- Jaye P. Morgan of The Gong Show. Also Hayden Panettiere but I assume you’re going for the old folks only, no youngins.

I don’t know how I feel about Coyote Vs. Acme. I haven’t seen anything other than trailers but can already guess Acme’s defense (and it’s a good one) and how Will Forte will get past that. It probably would have gotten an average reception if it wasn’t for all the real life drama.