Thursday, December 05, 2013

Currently, it's supposed to be about 14 degrees outside, which means I really should get my jacket back from my girlfriend. But I managed to generally avoid Black Friday and Cyber Monday and Ruby Tuesday or whatever the progression is; yet am still about 50 or 60% done with my Christmas shopping. Maybe. Of course I'll probably end up picking up things here and there until Christmas day, but I've made some headway. Which of course means I was able to justify picking up some books...

Saturday, after a slightly disappointing visit to a farm-slash-petting zoo (admittedly, we were well out of season...) we were near a Hastings, which had a surprising offer: all used trade paperbacks under $45 were $2.99. I know there was one X-Men trade that was over $45 that I had to leave on the rack (Aw!) but otherwise I made out like a bandit: ten books, over $300 in Marvel trades, for $30! So far, I've only had time to read Wolverine vs. the X-Men and Deadpool Max: Second Cut. And maybe a quarter of Doom 2099: The Complete Collection by Warren Ellis, but I'd actually scrounged up most of those issues, I'd thought.

And at the mall, getting the Youngest a quick haircut, I finally splurged and hit the Comic Book Shop for the reprint collection Star Wars: A Long Time Ago: Doomworld, reprinting the first twenty issues of the classic Marvel comic. Most of which I had, when they came out, but my copies are beat! And I'm not positive, but a couple of those issues--#7-9, #16--I may have never read! Now, if I could find the box I've got the other A Long Time Ago reprints in: I think I've got three or four of the seven...Maybe I need to ask for a bigger bookshelf for Christmas...

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

You might have to man. Cool finds though, especially for the price you paid for em'. Now I wish I had a Hastings near me if those deals are that good.