Tuesday, September 30, 2014

It's not a good sign when I have a figure a week before opening it...


For some reason, I remember poor Mary Marvel, from DC Universe Classics wave 12 in 2010, as just dying on the pegs. She had two variant costumes, but I don't think it mattered, either version seemed to be available forever. I even think some bastard kept returning her at a local Target for newer figures.

The weird thing is, she comes with the torso for the Collect-and-Connect Darkseid, but I don't know if she was more heavily-packed (which would explain why she lingered in stores) or if a lot of Darkseid pieces were left unconnected. I'm in a tough spot here, since the only other piece I have for him was the arm that came with the Spectre! Desaad came with a stupid stand, and I picked up Eclipso, Copperhead, and Dr. Mid-Nite on eBay loose and cheap. The odds of me ending up with a completed one seem pretty long...

I would prefer classic, C&C Darkseid to the New 52 look, though. Still, to me Darkseid is less creepy for all the evil, Anti-Life stuff; than for his seeming preoccupation with corrupting underage girls: Supergirl, Mary Marvel, Secret from Young Justice. Kinda skeevy, man.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Yeah, I've seen that NU52 Darkseid too, and he's ooogly. Just fucking oogly. Horrible re-design.
Poor Mary though. Goody-goods like her really do finish last, and no one wanted her outside of maybe her own fan club and Captain Marvel Family enthusiasts.
She died a very slow, painful death on the pegs @ My local Wal-Mart as well. Should've saved her for that C and C piece, but then I bought the DCSH version loose, so no need there.