Wednesday, January 27, 2016

"Movie."


If I ever have the funds available for investing, I wonder if putting said cash into horror films might not be the way to go. They're usually lower-budget than other genres of film, not necessarily just in the pejorative sense, but less expensive to make; yet usually generate a return, since like Satana a lot of horror fans are up for whatever. And every so often one breaks unexpectedly big, like a Blair Witch or Paranormal Activity.

Anyway, this miWorld AMC set was on sale the other day at Target, and I couldn't resist. In the meantime, waiting for some other stuff to go to clearance, but I kind of hate this time of year: the new Marvel Legends haven't shown up locally yet, and the NY Toy Fair is still a couple weeks out. Well, as usual, we'll amuse ourselves somehow...

By the way, that's Agent Coulson working the register, and I think that's a Jennifer Garner Alias figure getting snacks: they were the handiest "civilian" figures at the time. That Alias fig did not want to stand, though.

5 comments:

Dale Bagwell said...

Oh you bastard!!!! Lol! I'm so fucking jealous over here right now. Next time I'm at a target I'm hunting those down. How much were they originally and how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Props to the way you positioned the figures when they were side by side talking. Very well done.

As for the topic of horror movies, do dead on about how entertaining they are, especially on the cheap. The key of course when making a low-budget horror films is presentation. It can be made for cheap, but should never look that way whenever possible.

SallyP said...

So... Coulson is deep under-cover?

googum said...

I had to look it up: $15.44 for the miWorld set, but I'm not sure what the original price was. I know there was a Dairy Queen set that was kind of tempting...

Dale Bagwell said...

That's honestly not a bad deal man, not a bad deal at all. I'll be sure to be on the look out. I saw that Dairy Queen set as well not too long ago, and it'd be a very worthwhile investment if you're planning on using it a lot.

plainwater said...

I'm late to comment, but I really loved this strip!