Tuesday, January 17, 2017

So every year I go on about how my Year in Toys totals could yield some valuable information, and they might have! Namely that nine times out of ten (or eleven) the first figure I buy any given year is from clearance. (One year was an eBay purchase, but our first recorded purchase in the year-end totals was from January 1, 2006; the classic Toy Biz Hulkbuster Iron Man, still a helluva figure.) This year continues the clearance trend, as we start 2017 with the Funko Magic: the Gathering Jace Beleren and Marvel Legends Nico Minoru.

Even though I don't play the game, I did end up with all six of those Magic figures. They were alright; maybe could've done with another paint app or two and some quality control. Jace's face paint is a bit iffy, perhaps reasoning he'd almost always be displayed wearing his hood; but I'm not sure his elbows loosened up to the point that I could move them. Meanwhile, Nico I might've passed on if she hadn't been $6.50; but now I've got what, five of the eight pieces for Dormammu. If I found the two Dr. Strange figures and Iron Fist for that price, I'd probably cave, but haven't yet. And could I do without the shoulder pad piece that came with Iron Fist? Everyone says he's a great figure, but...

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Technically no, no you don't, but HE REALLY is the be all, end all Iron Fist figure though. Damn, nice save on that Nico figure tho.