Friday, March 22, 2019

I'm fairly sure this isn't in the next Avengers movie. 90% at least.


It was a race to see which piece would arrive first, and of course they both arrived the same day: we finished the Marvel Legends movie Thanos and SP//DR Build-a-Figures!

Walgreens has had $13.99 Legends for the better part of this month, which led to me hopping on some deals. Actually, I think I bought Cloak and Dagger the week before the sale started, because I'm a moron; then got Elektra, black costume Daredevil, and House of M Spider-Man cheap. The Scarlet Spider cost me, since I had to order from GameStop--that's not a slight on them, I just never saw him in any store. (I never saw the retro card Scarlet Spider with the blond head, either...) The Youngest didn't really like him though, since the design is different than the one from Into the Spider-Verse.

In the course of that, I somehow found an Infinity War Cap still at a Walgreens; which led to getting a Taskmaster from the Comic Book Shop; then to getting a leg off of eBay. All of which feels like a lot of work to build this derpy creep...the head has a terrible, terribly smug expression. Did Dale tell me he looked like Bill Cosby mugging for a pudding pop? Well, I'm gonna blame him, anyway. I liked the previous BAF and the Wal-Mart exclusive Thanos...es better; he needs his little hat!

Maybe this could be in the next movie. I'll be avoiding spoilers for the next month, so don't tell me if I'm right. (I'm not.)

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

HA! I didn't say that, but I'll take the credit/blame anyways because now I can't unsee that. Congrats on getting those pieces though. I prefer the comic version of Thanos but even I have to admit the Disney Store MS version looks like a fucking beast! Very tempting.
They're right though, because I can totally see Tony doing something like that too. Personally, I'd rather have had to build a Spider Mobile than the Spider robot, but then the cost would've been sky high and required more figures to carry the load.
Maybe we'll get an official ML Spider Mobile next year.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Now that I think about it, this MCU Thanos looks a lot like an angry California Raisin.

SallyP said...

A big stupid purple California Raisin. Whom I loathe.