Monday, March 23, 2020

"Distancing."


I wouldn't usually do two in a row, but this one's topical! Do not take any coronavirus info from these guys, stay home and stay safe!

Spider-Man would totally start a podcast while quarantined--can he even afford Netflix? Or internet? Would he be in an unrealistically large but accurately crappy apartment with nothing? Seriously, he's broke all the time, and the way writers crap on him the only food he's going to have is unfrosted shredded wheat, and the milk in the fridge will be a week bad already.

In proper continuity, I'm sure all these guys know or know of each other, but have never teamed up specifically. I'm sure they have a message board or something to badmouth Spidey and plan schemes. I made the below to outline my characterization for them, which is probably not 100% accurate, but close enough.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

No, I'm pretty sure your characterizations of them are fairly dead-on. I know they vary from writer to writer, but I prefer to refer to how Nick Spencer wrote them in Superior Foes myself.

Funny shit here tho, no lie.
You're pretty much on the nose about The Vulture giving/getting/giving/getting an STD while in a nursing home. National statistics support the fact that there's a high number of stds floating around in them due to the residents not giving a fuck while getting fucked. My mom used to be a RN at a nursing home and can tell you stories about those horny motherfuckers.
Pete would TOTALLY podcast. Would it be any good? Depends, but since he has to maintain his secret identity and not spill juicy tidbits about his rogues or fellow peers, it'd probably be about boring science geek shit or gaming if he even has time for that. Of course I guess he could get around telling said juicy tidbits by using his past as being Spider-Man's official photographer as a cover. Maybe.

Yeah, you can't tell me common diseases or viruses would be much of a thing in the MU with Reed, Hank, etc around. I know the Legacy Virus (Mutant AIDS) was an exception, but honestly, all thos smart guys could've and should've knocked out a cure in a single weekend if they wanted to.
No, it's the diseases that aliens visiting or attempting to conquer Earth that being with them what would be the REAL concern instead.