Wednesday, March 25, 2020

"Dried."


Hopefully, Dirk Anger's "Secret Murderteam" seems familiar somehow. I would be the worst choice in the world to write it, but I actually have a pitch for a Typhoid Mary series, but we'll have to wait on that.

In current Marvel comic continuity, I don't think there is a S.H.I.E.L.D. Or maybe it's trying to be really secret. It's not at all intentional, but that would tie into current events, wouldn't it? Like some asshole declined to rebuild or fund it, or diverted the funds somewhere. I've mentioned this regarding the Hulkbuster equipment; but there is probably story potential in the military-industrial complex and the gold rush something like S.H.I.E.L.D. would be for them.

2 comments:

H said...

No, I think Dirk's right- there's always a S.H.I.E.L.D., no matter what continuity says.

For some reason, a super chipper Typhoid Mary is hilarious to me. Love that she's got Harley's bat- actually a good fit, all things considered.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Dirk Anger having his own Suicide Squad as a way to stick it to DC just feels right to me and totally fits into his character. Good member choices so far. I'm guessing Satana would take the Enchantress' role then. Molten Man could take El Diablo's, Bullseye for Deadshot and so on. Good stuff. More of this PLZ.