Wednesday, May 20, 2020

"Ulterior."



I'm going to confess: I had this idea, set it aside, came back to it when I was facing a crunch, and feel like I had lost a bit in this version. But that could just be like Marc, I wasn't expecting to just throw it out there.

Marvel doesn't usually have as many legacy characters as DC did pre-New 52; but I'm scratching my head wondering why no one else seems to have ever taken the mantle of Moon Knight. I think we've seen past Fists of Khonshu rarely, not nearly as often as past Ghost Riders seem to show up.

2 comments:

CalvinPitt said...

I'm trying to picture Kurt in a Moon Knight outfit. I feel like the cape and the tail get in each other's ways. I guess he could just modify one of his normal costumes.

That is a good point about other Moon Knights. We've seen other Ghost Riders, Iron Fists, and Sorcerer Supremes. Maybe Khonshu is lazy and doesn't pick a new one very often.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

That's true about there not being more legacy MK's running around. I do know there's a future MK, 2099 or so where there's a female Moon Knight. And recently there was that Moon Knight annual where Marc fought Kang and was added by different past versions of Moon Knights to assist him.

There's plenty of potential here if Marvel wants to pursue this idea.

Kurt as a Moon Knight? Sounds like a What If...? idea IF it was Khonshu and NOT Xavier that saved Kurt from that mob.
He would look good in black and white though.