Wednesday, January 16, 2019

"Burnt."



Although I got a bunch done this weekend, the Black Cat/Satana strip needed paint, and I somehow managed to avoid going anywhere this weekend. Soon...

So "Nova" here was Mephisto the whole time, a callback to Nova's alleged return from the dead in Silver Surfer #97 or so, she would be revealed as Mephisto in #99. It's a toss-up which figure, the old Toy Biz Nova or the Marvel Select Mephisto, was a less expressive 'actor' for me. Mephisto's joints were stiff in the shoulders and loose in the hips; and I know he would be a bother to replace if anything gave out on him. (Over $200 in package on eBay right this second; he was $13 when I got him!)


Oh, and the flame effects here and last week's strip; they're from Ghost Rider's motorcycle!

1 comment:

SallyP said...

This. This is so...utterly utterly perfect.

Say what you will about Mephisto, but the man does have a sense of humor.