Wednesday, April 10, 2019

"Kree-Lar."



Sometime later, I know there's a more realistic version of Lockjaw coming from Mezco--note I don't say "better version," since I kinda love this one. They aren't even to the preorder stage yet, and I don't think he's being sold separately from Black Bolt.

I want to say it's a line from Skrull Kill Krew, about how the Skrulls are so unimaginative they can't be bothered to come up with a better name for their homeworld than Skrullos. Hala may be a better name, but I think it took me a long time to realize the Kree were by and large pretty awful; even if the Skrulls aren't universally evil either. While it's evil as well, how cool would it be to have a big tube of Supreme Intelligence? In-scale to Marvel Legends, it would be maybe the size of a large coffee can? I don't think my rudimentary sculpting skills could do it, even if it is lumpy and potato-shaped...

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Gah! He's...Lockjaw is so...CUTE!

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

That Lockjaw is Cute AF man! It'd be nice to see him made in the ML line, but I'm not sure he would, even if he'd be an easy BAF. And no I have no idea how he'd be made. Maybe a Marvel Select version would be more appropriate.

I haven't watched Captain Marvel yet, but I too am defintiely disappointed that they didn't go with the Supreme Intelligence's usual appearance. Sometimes the creators behind the MCU just pussy out and improvise rather than sticking to the source material. I really wish they had. It helps fit with the idea of how alien they are compared to all these human-looking aliens. Whatever.

Cute effect with Lockjaw 'porting out 'Pool and Kurt. I'm guessing that means they're confronting the Inhumans, or at least the ones made, like Black Bolt and Medusa.
I did notice you left, probably on accident a tiny Nightcrawler action figure laying near 'Pool in the last two panels.

googum said...

Captain Marvel's Supreme Intelligence isn't as disappointing as Rise of the Silver Surfer's cloud Galactus, if you're worried. I think they were trying to make S-I mysterious and unknowable; not just a bunch of alien brains squashed together in a tube. (Mind, I do love when occasionally a Kree character will mention aspiring to that.)

The little Nightcrawler 'Pool left there, he's been playing with it more than once! Oh, yeah, like I plan stuff...