Friday, April 02, 2021

In which I try to justify this purchase.

Shoot, I may have to do that several times: I made a hefty, for me, purchase the other day; which started with a ten-dollar figure that hasn't turned up yet, then snowballed into pre-ordering a bunch of stuff I was probably going to get anyway, right? Like the new M.O.D.O.K. and Xenmu/villain Marvel Legends wave. 

And Jar Jar...I don't know. I think I thought he would be fun, or funny, or I would be sorry if I missed getting him. But he wasn't as wacky or happy-go-lucky seeming as I expected. Even the back of the package seems like a dark and foreboding reading before Biography goes to commercial: "A clumsy, well-meaning Gungan outcast on Naboo, Jar-Jar Binks struggled to prove his worth throughout his life." That sounds like he got into drugs, didn't he? 

Be that as it may, while we're here, we may as well justify another purchase: a quick bit with the new Marvel Legends Firestar!
Spidey's right, she doesn't really have fire powers, you know. Just don't mention it to her, or question her on it, or anything.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Spidey DEFINITELY has a point tho. Several. In fact as I remember correctly, her microwave powers were killing in much the same way out of control radiation from living inside an actual microwave oven for over 30 years probably would.

As for Jar-Jar, just going off his eyes, he looked stoned/drunk/both throughout the entire prequel trilogy. Maybe he really WAS/IS a master of drunk-fu.