Thursday, September 10, 2026
This is like the second time, just recently, that I grabbed a book from the quarter bin to blog, even though I thought I had a copy somewhere, only to be unfamiliar with it when I read it. Not an unpleasant surprise! From 2013, Marvel Universe Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes #11, featuring "With Friends Like These..." Written by Frank Tieri, pencils by Tim Levins, inks by Tom Palmer; and "The Last American Dream" Written by Joe Keatinge, pencils by Khoi Pham, inks by Chris Sotomayor.
Sadly, the Earth's Mightiest Heroes show didn't have time to bring in the Lion of Olympus, Hercules; so the comic will have to do! Herc shows up at Avengers' Mansion, for his traditional punch-up with Thor: Thor suggests, maybe in this time they have to set better examples, but Herc thinks maybe his old sparring partner was getting soft. The ensuing scuffle is broken up, when Hawkeye calls in the Hulk to shut it down. Wasp then has to play mom, and make the boys clean up their mess.
The second story, "The Last American Dream," features Captain America in a traditional trapped-in-a-dream plot, but with an unexpected guest-star: Sleepwalker! Yeah, a future with a happy Steve Rogers, and American Dream and a Capwolf? Of course that's too good to be true. Sleepy helps Cap break out from under Nightmare's grip, although when it's over it's not clear if Cap knows Sleepwalker had been real. Still, Sleepy seems glad to have helped out.
Labels:
Avengers,
Captain America,
Hercules,
Hulk,
quarterbooks,
Sleepwalker,
Thor,
Wasp asskickery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Sadly that was probably Sleepy’s only ever personal interaction with Steve as well as his first, and likely last one for now. It’d be nice if someone brought him back. I know he has a brief return some years back which altered his powers & his people, but that’ll likely be forgotten & he’ll be defaulted back down to his signature look & power set.
This may be one of my few fond memories of post-Civil War/the Initiative era: Carol Danvers gets her new crew, and is doubtless visibly disappointed that one of them is regular guy Rick Sheridan--Sleepwalker's host! Rick's nice enough, but he seems like a bad draft pick at first glance...
Yeah I remember that. Such a random addition to her team, but hey, a gig’s a gig.
I was going to say Marvel’s pretty bad at collecting these sort of animated tie-ins (especially compared to DC), but it looks like this one at least was fully collected. Good job to Marvel on that.
Hm, that doesn’t look like a happy Steve Rogers. I guess he’s only happy when he can be Captain America at this point. Maybe he knows it’s all a lie, like in half of these Perchance to Dream plots.
Post a Comment