Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sick day, snow day.
Now, try to strike an interesting pose, because you'll be next to impossible to move after this...
Ah, I don't know why I take sick days: with the kids and the wife all sick too, I swear it's more restful at work.

Be that as it may, here's today's Snow Day Week comic: from Thor #32 (volume 2), "Forever Kursed" Written by Dan Jurgens, pencils by Andy Kubert, inks by Scott Hanna and Jesse Delperdang. I bought this one mid-storyline, since it was a "100-page Monster" backed with reprints from Kirby, Buscema, and Simonson. Still, this page sums it up pretty quickly.

What I didn't like about this one is that Thor eventually trumps the Casket of Ancient Winters (again, from early on in Simonson's run) with the Gem of Infinite Suns. Which seems like both a cheat, and the sort of thing that probably should've come up in conversation the last time the Casket was used. Maybe with Surtur around, they didn't think it was wise to make things hotter.

Kurse makes a return appearance, again as the slave of Malekith. I like Kurse better--he's a bit one-dimensional, but has a great design. He also had a couple other names that I'm forgetting right now, but maybe next time.

New toy comic a little later, and more Snow Day Week tomorrow!

No comments: