Friday, May 06, 2011

The one where I post a random Thor page so I can bail for the weekend:


From Thor #240, "When the Gods Make War!" Plotted by Roy Thomas, script by Bill Mantlo, pencils by Sal Buscema, inks by Klaus Janson. I have no idea what I did this week, but I didn't blog, that's for damn sure. Hoping to work a half-day today, then catch Thor...not sure if I'll spring for 3D or not, but we'll see.

We will have one more Thor rerun later, an old homemade strip that I still like. Have a good weekend, and a good free comic book day!

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

You know, just looking at that one page of art by Sal Buscema inked by Klaus Janson made me realize that Klaus can make any artist look good! Seriously, I've never been a big fan of Sal's; I mean his art isn't that bad, and he can still draw a hellva lot better than me on my best day, but man his work really shines with Klaus' inking skills. Don't you think?

googum said...

That's funny, because I used to have a beef with Sal Buscema: back in the day, I was cheesed that he took over pencilling Thor from Walt Simonson. Like he stole the job, which he totally didn't.

And the first thing I remember seeing from Klaus Janson, was a Star Wars annual I think he pencilled...and I hated it, at the time. Too scratchy for my young eyes, but I appreciate him a lot more now.