Thursday, May 05, 2011

Sometimes, we buy these just for the covers:

Saw this one on sale the other day, and had to throw it into the pile...even though I had never read an issue of 'Mazing Man before. I knew it was a thing, since I remember his origin was in Secret Origins #16. (I bought that one for the Warlord story.) Guess this was the last issue, and the cover doesn't really have anything to do with anything, but hey, Frank Miller cover. (With Stephen DeStefano and Karl Kesel.)


In the same vein, the Youngest wanted this one, and still thinks that the cover is hilarious. It's not the best Simpsons Comics issue I've ever read: most of the story is about Homer drooling over "Pizza Day" at work (a distainful Lenny and Carl point out they can buy pizza, "but it's free!" Homer exclaims) then takes a swerve when Homer gets sick, has a nightmare about a world without beer, and spends the rest of the issue trying to reinvent beer...still, the kid liked it.

And...I spent a good chunk of today playing video games, sorry: we're still working on the Spongebob Squarepants Movie game, and I've been stuck on that one at different points for shamefully long periods of time...oh, but I also found Rogue Trooper (based, of course, on the classic 2000 AD character) for $2.99, and it's not bad. Except now, crap, I just looked up the Quality/Fleetway reprints on GCD, and I might have some of the missing issues to scan...of course, I'm also pretty sure I misspelled 'Rouge Trooper' several times on other posts here, anyway.

1 comment:

Susan said...

'Mazing Man! I love that little guy. Some issues caught my eye in a quarter bin many years ago, and I eventually picked up the whole run. There were a few specials after the original series ended, but they don't seem to have the same magic as those first 12 issues.