Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Still More Doom Idol."



Over at Poe Ghostal's, along with a new Bastards of the Universe strip, there's another call for questions for Mattel. I swear I'm not the only one waiting for them to make an Elasti-Woman figure and complete the Doom Patrol. (I know some might want the Chief, but I'd survive; and you know how I feel about Mento.) I'm betting, best case, Rita's being pushed back so they can knock out some reboot/update figures. Yay, high collars!...or not.

But, we've got a few of these stocked up, so the Doom Patrol will probably have another tryout next week. Maybe even someone who wouldn't mind being on the team!

Does anyone remember an old Who's Who issue (probably the 1987 update #3) where the Creeper was featured as a Justice League member? As Jack Ryder, he was seen a few times before guesting in Justice League #6, but I didn't get the feeling they were offering him a spot. Which is just as well: the Creeper+the 'bwah-ha-ha!' League, would have been several steps over the top.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Alright! Another idol, not bad! I like that the Creeper was only there to score w/ Rita. Nice one.

Looking forward to next week's edition. Keep it up!

Oh and by the way, I wouldn't mind a Mento DCUC figure. It'll most likely never happen, but I do like his outfit and helmet. What? I do.