Friday, July 03, 2015

I asked you for one thing on my deathbed. ONE thing.


I know I read a good pile of DC's Elseworlds annuals from back in 1994, and I might even have some of them; but I picked this one up again the other day: Robin Annual #3, "The Narrow Path" Story by Chuck Dixon, art by Enrique Villagran.

The mighty samurai wearing the mark of the Bat is dead, slain by warriors of the clan of the serpent rose. Before dying, the Bat tells his young protege (with the mark of the Robin...) not to avenge him, but to only defend their master, the daiymo Lord Hideyori; against the forces of the shogun.

The Bat had protected the daimyo for years, and the Robin loved him as a father, although he never told him about his ancestors...almost making a point not to. But as the Robin attempts to unravel the conspiracy against the daimyo, running into a familiar looking Cat-garbed ninja, but it may already be too late...

I crammed as much of this one into the scanner as would fit, but had to cut off Villagran's signature off a bit! I don't remember this one being my favorite of that run of annuals, but still not too shabby.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Damn dude, this looks pretty damn good.
I swear I;ve seen that wird "Tengu" before.
Isn;'t that the name of the mask Lady Shiva gave to Batman when he went to her after his back healed up? Or maybe is was the name of the master she killed and framed Bruce for?

Either way cool story bro;)

Have a happy and safe 4th!