Wednesday, August 14, 2019

"Episode #583..."


This post has been scheduled for years, but kept getting pushed back! Same for next week's conclusion. Wish I remembered when I did these, but I think I've changed computers since then. Checking the ever-popular Year in Toys, I bought K-9 April 2015, so...sometime around then, maybe?


That's the Doctor Who: K-9 Light-and-Sound Figurine and Illustrated Book (RP Minis), still available; and he scales quite well with six-inch figures, I'd say. I know there are Doctor Who figures out there, but they're all like 5.5 inch scale or something, and they're...okay. I may be saying that as to not keep kicking myself for not buying the collector's set, but I'd certainly prefer Doctor Who Legends or something. (I suspect the Daleks figures eat up a lot of plastic at any scale, so maybe that explains the sizing.)

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I've definitely been tempted to, both from seeing them @Toys R US and on Amazon.
The scale isn't to my liking either, and I'm not sure why they didn't call full on 6 inches (ha ha) since 5.5 is a weird height limit. Maybe not to them, but to ML, DC and NECA collectors, oh yeah. Still, that Tom Baker one would be pretty good skit fodder.

googum said...

The Tom Baker sculpts I've seen seem to have trouble with that crazy curly hair. If you watch Futurama, there's an episode with a Fourth Doctor cameo! His eyes really work in that style...