Wednesday, January 22, 2020

"Hideout."


I know there's an ad, a fairly recent one, that ran on the backs of comics for an Indiana Jones video game, with the tagline "Lucky your fists don't run out of ammo." Or close to that. Unfortunately, I didn't have it handy, but a moment of searching and...

I didn't play that, I wonder if Crossbones did? Have we seen the last of him? Not hardly, but...He's been a somewhat rare figure multiple times: way back in the Red Hulk wave, this movie version in a two-pack with Cap, with the Thunderbolts box set Satana was from. We've seen the Red Hulk one around multiple times over the years; not often enough for him to have his own tag, though. Until maybe now? He's a good villain kind of in the same way Bullseye or the Joker are, in the sense that I hate them and want to see them die. Anyway, he'll have another figure shortly, in the movie Black Widow wave, an updated comic version. I'm betting he outsells Spymaster, but they both look like the gimmies for that batch; with neither requiring anywhere near the amount of tooling the other figures needed.

3 comments:

CalvinPitt said...

Only problem with that Indy game (other than the fact mine seemed to have some sort of glitch so I could never get past a certain point) is that it took a LOT of punches to actually get anyone to stay down.

And Frank let himself run out of ammo? He must be ignoring the heads-up display inside the helmet.

googum said...

I cheated before and said Frank got the armor third-hand, so maybe the heads-up wasn't counting. Or, maybe Frank still abides by Geneva convention rules and won't shoot someone with an anti-tank missile just because he had it handy...no, that sounds doubtful.

Crap, that was on PS2? I thought it was PC only for some dumb reason. I wonder if I do have it; my oldest kid bought a bunch of used games over the years...

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

No way Frank runs out of ammo...at least not on purpose. He seems like type of guy who'd have a couple extra clips hidden in his pocket.
Hey I love Crossbones! Well not love, love, but he's always a pretty good, dependable heat-garnering villain, so there's that. I mean, you'd think Cap would finally put him down for good and cripple him as many times as he's tried to kill Cap, but no dice there.
Maye he keeps him around to keep his fighting skills sharp, idk.

Damn sure getting that Crossbones figure when he comes out, same for Spymaster. I'm just pleasantly surprised we're getting the classic, iconic look and not any modern upgrades since then.