Wednesday, June 21, 2023

"Booster Seat."

I haven't had a chance to flip through it yet, but I know I got one random issue of the last Gerber Howard mini-series, from 2002 with the Glenn Fabry covers and Howard as a mouse or rat. It also looks like he goes to Hell in the last issue, which means he might get some of what Satana goes off on next time...Howard's look changes, seemingly randomly, at the whims of God, the multiverse, and/or lawyers. Not much he can do about it, so he doesn't dwell on it.

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid said...

This episode was SO, SO good. Solid job on the Gaga & transitions man. Definitely didn’t expect this one to turn into a lawyer bit, but as long as they’re being shit on, I’m for it. Almost thought you were going to go all “Lawyers in love” there
https://youtu.be/rxyjA-CaPYY

Looking forward to next week’s installment for the follow up of this.

H said...

Yeah, I didn't expect lawyers either. Didn't think Howard was going to (seemingly) be a big part of the next storyline at that. The appearance-changing thing definitely has a lot of potential but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a one-off gag to explain changing figures.

Is this the Spider-Gwen version of Daredevil? I haven't been keeping up too much, but Matt seems a bit harsher than usual. Ooh- a multiverse story would be pretty awesome, if that's where you're going.