Wednesday, May 29, 2024

"Fusion."

Maybe close to the beginning of April, I mentioned I was waiting for the 'clearance' prices for Karnak and Marvel Boy to go down, and about 4/20 they did! I bought them, and Kamala, for $10 each: the prices weren't even changed on their boxes, but they rang up cheaper, so OK! I may or may not have been able to hold out further, but we'll see in a month or so. Surprisingly, that puts me pretty close to completing the Totally Awesome Hulk BaF: close enough that I'd shop pieces around on eBay or Mercari, but I haven't made headway there yet. (Note to self: I'm missing the head and the left leg.)

So, Kamala is mostly here because she was bought at the same time as Noh-Varr: I don't think they've interacted in the comics yet. But, I also wanted to have her get to do something fun, since I've previously written her as a bit of a scold here: a little too earnest. I don't know that she'd actually go out with Noh-Varr either, but I'm not sure she is. 

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid said...

Not that all your skits aren’t fun, but this one was especially quote-worthy. What between the one about there not being enough hard drugs in NYC to for Kree Techno to be accepted, to Satana clarifying that her bar’s only “regular illegal” & not “super-illegal” to Noh-Varr joking about laying eggs in her chest cavity, which honestly is a true 50/50 that he was either joking or could’ve done it.

I do gotta say, that Noh-Varr figure, while definitely better than his Protector figure, looks douchy & pretentious as hell! Idk, maybe that was the intention of the sculptor.

CalvinPitt said...

I was under the impression Noh-Varr was douchey and pretentious as hell, a real "I'm better than you and I know it" vibe, but maybe that's just a by-product of Kree heritage. They're pretty bad about that.

Mr. Morbid said...

Just going solely off his initial appearance by Morrison, that’s more than likely what he intended for him to be. The Kree certainly do have a major superiority complex as it is, but definitely seems to be heightened when dealing with Earth.
I think Bendis started to soften him up a little, then Kieron Gillen pretty much overhauled him to the point he wasn’t the same character as he initially was, which I guess is a good thing 🤔